Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Farewell My Concubine

I have a new colleague in my current company called E.

As you all know, I am called Ah-Ber. Let's just say that if E knows my nickname, I will be called Ah-Beer.

Scene: At a client's office this morning.

E: I was interested to finddd out about your company'sss producks-wise...
(N.B.: There is no typo in the sentence above.)

Client (C): Yes, and I hope you can become interested in my company's products again.............(he goes on to explain his product range).

C:
By the way, are you from Malaysia?

Client turns to me and give a knowing smile. We all know why he is asking that question.


When client finishes explaining what he hopes to achieve in the advertising blitz with our company.

E: So what do you suppose we can do for you?

C (Looks at me wide-eyed and bewildered. 5 sec of silence): So, Ah-Ber! Why don't you tell E what we have discussed.

So I go on to repeat what he said in the last 5 minutes.

For those Sales Managers/Directors out there, pick the managers for your sales team carefully. Your sales people represent your company and helps to form your company's image. One wrong move, and no matter how good your proucks are, your company will be doomed.

Just as well that I have decided to leave this company. In the words of E, when a well-respected senior staff of my company left right after E's promotion - This is the best birthday present for me.

Farewell.

No comments: