Sunday, July 09, 2006

Going Downhill Part I

Had dinner with my ex-manager and her family last evening. What a hospitable family. Dinner is at Sushi Tei (right across my favourite Chomp Chomp). Basically bitched about E throughout the whole dinner. And it turns out that we might be colleagues again as she is starting temporary work at my new company next week. Talk about small world.
Total bill came up to $104+. They didn't allow me to pay.

Thereafter, we adjourned to her house where lar-teh cheena style at her courtyard. Sipping the tea in the warm (almost hot) evening breeze, accompanied by Vietnam karapoke for snack. Surrounded by greens, sound of the water flowing from the fountain in the background, her parrot hopping around the chairs entertaining us with its antics. Simply tranquail. I do not understand why she wants to go back to work especially when her house is so great.
For the last 2 weeks since she left the company, she has been busy with cleaning her house. She shows me the stack of newspaper which she STILL has not read. The papers has turned yellow. She is such a workaholic.

As the night draws to a close, I prepare to leave. She is hospitable to the extent that she insists on sending me home. Her youngest daughter joins us in the car. The eldest, I bade farewell to. She commented that I look prettier in person. Being delighted, I waved goodbye more enthusiastically than I ought to be, and to my horror! Is that the bat wing below my right arm.

My arms, they used to be the last place to put on weight.
Wounds do not recover as quickly as before.
Eye bags are starting to appear.

Send in the maintenance guys!

No comments: