Saturday, July 15, 2006

Last Day At Work

Yesterday was my last day at work with Evil E! Boy am I happy! The director rushed off for his flight after handing me my testimonial. Obviously a rushed piece of work. Very disappointed. Apparently E had kept him for an extended dinner after work the previous night, to argue about the lack of recognition for L, thus resulting in her resignation. Halo?! That was long time ago. No point arguing anymore. L said she won't come back even if you beg her.
Congratulations, E! You have sabotaged my testimonial!

I arranged for lunch with a soon to be former client, thus avoiding having to lunch with E on my last day.

The more I talk to E, the more I find out, and they more I dislike her, and they more I am sure I made the right decision of quitting. The WHOLE company, including the director, the former manager, the current manager, they are all trying to test each other our all the time to find out who is lying. Evil E is of course the biggest and fattest liar, followed by the director. Then again, he is more of evasive rather than a compulsive liar like Evil E.
I guess this is part of human nature, always trying to find out whether you have lied to me and whether I have lied to you. But I am so not into it at work. I mean, come on, if you're my boss paying my salary, you let me know whatever you deem fit.

Well, I am guilty of lying too, esp to her. She has been trying to get her hands on soft copy of our client database, but I refuse to give it to her (instructions from management). She would then seem very upset in front of me, saying that the management is very uncooperative, and that she is not able to do her job properly. When she spoke, she seemed on the verge of crying. In order to stop her from bugging me, I had to lie that it was deleted after I sent the updated copy to the director.
Well, I am sure that she didn't believe me. Who would be so silly? But the point is, I have worked my way to earn the trust of the management, for them to give me the database volutarily. And what if she runs away and join competitors or sells the database for good money? I will have to bear the responsibility, especially not for someone like her!

At the same time, I was worried. I understand how difficult and complicated it can get w/o the soft copy of the client database. I did worry for her and on one occassion spoke to the directors. I told the directors, that if they had selected and promoted E over the former manager to manage the SIN office, he has no choice but to trust her now. Especially when I am leaving too.

But, hey! Guess what?! She confessed on my last day that she got the database way before hand. I asked her 3 times, "Who gave it to you?"
All 3 times, she replied, "I got it way beforehand." It appears that she does not intend to let me know the answer. Duh!
High possibility that she stole the information from one of our laptops (see accompanying story on THUMB DRIVE below)
I went silent for awhile. I felt resentment building inside of me. She manipulated me.

She sent an email to send soft copies of the proposals to her and the director. I didn't bother. I completely cleaned out my lappie of all information which may be useful to E. Don't know what kind of info she will be trying to dig out of my lappie comes Monday.

Seriously, it has been torturous working with her the last one month as you have to be on your toes constantly to make sure that she is not trying to harm you. She admitted that her thumb drive is an important tool that she has with her all the time. It is bundled to her key pouch.
For example:
You go for a makeover at a professional studio. They take tons of photos. But it is part of their business strategy that you get to pick a limited number of photos to be developed for your own keepsake. You want more pictures? Pay $$$ lo.
So, after the whole session, while you are left to select the 5 photos that you want to develop, you stealthily take out your key pouch, insert the thumb drive to the USB port and d/l all the 100+ photos into your thumb drive. Woila!!! You have just saved yourself $200+.
Disclaimer: Any coincidence to E is purely deliberate. Simply because this was what she did!

When I came back from lunch, I realise that E went through my things again! (Why again? Oh yah! I haven't mentioned the incidence when I came to the office on one Monday morning and realised someone had went through my namecards before. That was right in the beginning which made me start to suspect her. Apparently, she had came back to office during the weekend when the rest of us are not around. Of course! There was this other occasion when I realise she had went through my client correspondence file barely few days into joining us.)
Luckily, I have since locked up the sensitive documents in my cabinet.

No comments: